Wales manager Chris Coleman believes Gareth Bale will remain at the club beyond this transfer window.
The 25-year-old is starting his third season at the club and has stated he wants to stay in the Spanish capital. But having missed out on Pedro last week, Manchester United are though to be ready to make a final offer for the forward before the window closes next Tuesday.
The Red Devils have been keen to take Bale back to the Premier League for a while and are looking to take advantage of the fact that some media and fans in Spain have been unhappy with Bale’s performances.
But speaking to reporters at a press conference ahead of naming Wales’ squad for their match against Israel next month, Coleman said he thinks Bale will still be with Los Blancos come September.
“I don’t see it happening. You never know with football but, unless something’s been going on behind closed doors that none of us know about, I can’t see it. The finances involved for signing a player like that are astronomical. I see the media speculation, of course, but that’s a major, major deal – another world record if he was going to move,” he commented.
He also added he was in contact with the Real medical team over Bale’s toe injury.
“When it initially happened (Bale’s injury) you’re holding your breath a bit, of course. I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t the case, but the scan and the feedback was positive thankfully. So I don’t think there’s going to be a problem.
“There have been constant conversations with both medical teams – there’s a very good relationship there between ourselves and Madrid – but it wasn’t as bad as first thought.”