Real Madrid Castilla manager Zinedine Zidane has been cleared to resume his duties while the Spanish Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAD) considers an appeal over his ban.
The legendary former Los Blancos and France playmaker was banned for three months earlier this week by the Spanish Football Federation after they found he didn’t have the right coaching badges to manage at Segunda Division level. Zidane’s assistant, Santiago Sanchez, was also banned after it was heard he used his own qualifications to cover the issue by signing team sheets rather than Zidane.
When the ban was announced, Los Blancos said they would appeal and explore any legal avenue they had open to them. When an appeal to the Federation was rejected, the 10-time Champions League winners turned to TAD to consider the ban.
And in a statement released by Los Blancos on Friday, they said TAD had agreed Zidane and Sanchez could return to the dugout for now.
“The TAD acquiesced to the club’s request for a provisional suspension (of the ban) which allows… the coaches of Real Madrid Castilla, Santiago Sanchez and Zinedine Zidane, to perform their professional activities until such time as a decision is taken on Real Madrid’s appeal against the decision taken by the (RFEF) appeal committee,” it read.