Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid gives Los Blancos the opportunity to apply some pressure to the teams above. Bilbao have not been at their best so far this season and sit down in 16th place in La Liga. A win for Real Madrid could take them back up to 3rd.
Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid Preview
For the hosts, Aymeric Laporte will miss out due to suspension after he received his fifth yellow card of the season in their last match. Mikel Rico is likely to keep his place in midfield alongside Ander Iturraspe. Manager José Ángel Ziganda is set to prefer Markel Susaeta to Inigo Cordoba on the left wing, with Eneko Boveda being selected at right-back.
For Real, Gareth Bale will unfortunately miss the match after picking up a calf injury on his return in the Copa Del Rey match in midweek. The good news is that Sergio Ramos will come back into the team, with Jesus Vallejo the player to make way. Keylor Navas is fit to start in goal, so Kiko Casilla will return to the bench.
Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid Predicted Lineups
Athletic Bilbao (4-2-3-1): Arrizabalaga; Boveda, Nunez, Etxeita, Balenziaga; Rico, Iturraspe; Williams, Garcia, Susaeta; Aduriz
Real Madrid (4-3-1-2): Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Isco; Benzema, Ronaldo
Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Athletic Bilbao have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 4 games out of the last 10.
- Real Madrid have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Athletic Bilbao have scored an average of 1.1 goals and have conceded an average of 1.5 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.2 goals and have conceded an average of 1 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 4 of the last 10 Athletic Bilbao games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 7 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid Prediction
After the dramatic win against Malaga last time out in La Liga, Real will hope they can play a lot better this time around. A much changed Los Blancos side could only draw with Fuenlabrada in midweek too, which was certainly not a confidence booster.
Unsurprisingly, Real have a good record against Athletic, winning 34 of the 52 matches between the two sides overall. Real have not lost to Athletic since early 2015. Real Madrid should win this and a 2-0 victory is predicted.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 4/9 at Bet365.
Under 2.5 goals 8/5 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 0-2 15/2 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing