Celta Vigo v Real Madrid marks Los Blancos’ return to La Liga action after the winter break. The last match before the break is one that everyone would prefer to forget, so the pressure is on to claim a victory here and restore some pride.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Preview
Jonny should be fit to start at left-back for the hosts after picking up a hamstring niggle in midweek. It is not thought that it will keep him out here. Sergi Gomez should keep his place at centre back alongside Gustavo Cabral at centre-back for Celta, and they will hope to keep Ronaldo and co quiet. Stanislav Lobotka will play in midfield.
Dani Carvajal will miss this game through suspension, with Achraf filling in at right-back once again. Sergio Ramos has an injury problem too and will miss out which is a hugeblow for Real Madrid. Raphael Varane will be partnered by Nacho instead. Gareth Bale may lead the line with Cristiano Ronaldo, with Karim Benzema out injured.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Predicted Lineups
Celta Vigo (4-4-2): Blanco; Mallo; Gomez, Cabral, Jonny; Wass, Hernandez, Lobotka, Sisto; Gomez, Aspas
Real Madrid (4-3-1-2): Navas; Achraf, Nacho, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Isco; Bale, Ronaldo
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Celta Vigo have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 games out of the last 10.
- Real Madrid have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Celta Vigo have scored an average of 1.4 goals and have conceded an average of 1.2 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.5 goals and have conceded an average of 1 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 6 of the last 10 Celta Vigo games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 8 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction
Celta have done well against the league leaders Barcelona this season, drawing twice with them already. Juan Carlos Unzue’s men are good going forward so Zinedine Zidane will have to set his team up to be wary of the threats.
La Celeste have won just one of their last five matches though, so may not be full of confidence. They do have all of their big players available though, and Iago Aspas will be their key man yet again.
Real Madrid will be desperate to get back on track in La Liga as quickly as possible after their 3-0 El Clasico defeat to end 2017. If Los Blancos play at their best, it should be a victory. Gareth Bale will take confidence from marking his return with a goal against Numancia in the Copa Del Rey.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 1/2 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 4/11 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 2-1 15/2 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing