Espanyol v Real Madrid will kick off at 19:00 UK time on Tuesday night. Real Madrid currently sit 3rd in the La Liga table after a good few wins, and a victory here would move Los Blancos closer to Atletico Madrid in 2nd.
Espanyol v Real Madrid Preview
For the home side, Esteban Granero is expected to play and Pablo Piatti is expected to retain his place too. Gerard Moreno will be the key goal threat for Espanyol so Real will be hoping to keep him quiet throughout the contest. Quique Sanchez Flores will probably decide to go with Oscar Duarte ahead of Naldo at the back.
Los Blancos will have Sergio Ramos back from suspension and he should come straight back into the team here. As Marcelo is still out injured, Theo Hernandez will continue at left back for this one. Toni Kroos and Luka Modric are both out, meaning Mateo Kovacic will partner Casemiro in central midfield. One of Isco, Asensio and Bale is likely to miss out.
Espanyol v Real Madrid Predicted Lineups
Espanyol (4-2-3-1): Lopez; Sanchez, Duarte, Lopez, Martin; Sanchez, Granero; Baptistao, Darder, Piatti; Moreno
Real Madrid (4-4-2): Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Hernandez; Isco, Kovacic, Casemiro, Asensio; Ronaldo, Benzema
Espanyol v Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Espanyol have won 2, drawn 5 and lost 3 games out of the last 10.
- Real Madrid have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Espanyol have scored an average of 1 goal and have conceded an average of 1.3 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 3.5 goals and have conceded an average of 1.3 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 3 of the last 10 Espanyol games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 9 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
Espanyol v Real Madrid Prediction
Espanyol have been the draw specialists recently, drawing their last 4 La Liga fixtures. They pride themselves on being difficult to break down, and are likely to set up defensively. They got a clean sheet in the last game but it was against struggling Deportivo La Coruna.
Real Madrid have won 6 of their last 7 matches in La Liga including their last 4 in a row, and they have won their last 11 matches against Espanyol in all competitions. All of the stats suggest that Los Blancos will win this one comfortably.
The BBC forward line of Bale, Benzema and Cristiano all got on the scoresheet at the weekend against Alaves, and that will be great for the confidence of all 3. Real Madrid should take the win on Tuesday evening.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 9/20 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 3/5 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 3-1 10/1 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing