Numancia v Real Madrid gives Los Blancos the opportunity to rest some of the key players ahead of their return to action in La Liga matches. This is the first leg of the round of 16 contest and Real are expected to come through the tie easily.
Numancia v Real Madrid Preview
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane is expected to rest a number of his key stars for the Copa del Rey clash with Numancia on Thursday evening. As this is the first leg, it won’t matter too much even if Real fall to a shock defeat, as they would still have the second leg at the Bernabeu to turn it around.
Karim Benzema will miss this game with a hamstring injury. Luka Modric, Isco and Cristiano Ronaldo are expected to be rested ahead of a busy run of fixtures. Dani Ceballos, Mateo Kovacic and Lucas Vazquez are set to come into the team if Zidane decides to make changes, while academy graduates Marcos Llorente and Borja Mayoral will also hope to play a part.
Numancia v Real Madrid Predicted Lineups
Real Madrid (4-3-3): Casilla; Achraf, Nacho, Ramos, Harnandez; Casemiro, Kovacic, Ceballos; Vazquez, Asensio, Mayoral
Numancia v Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Numancia have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 out of the last 10.
- Real Madrid have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Numancia have scored an average of 1.5 goals and have conceded an average of 1.1 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.2 goals and have conceded an average of 1.1 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 5 of the last 10 Numancia games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 7 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
Numancia v Real Madrid Prediction
It would be a shock if Real Madrid were to slip up here. Yes, some of the key players will be rested but those that are in the team will be wanting to put things right. The 3-0 defeat to Barcelona before the break was a bit of an embarrassment that must be overturned.
Real Madrid have won their last 5 matches against Numancia in all competitions and are actually undefeated in 26 of their last 28 matches in the Copa del Rey. Numancia are 5th in the Segunda Division so will have their threats, but Real Madrid should simply have too much for them.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 2/9 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 2/5 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 3-0 7/1 at Bet365.
Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing