Paris Saint Germain v Real Madrid is a crucial match in the context of this season and Real Madrid will hope to use their 3-1 aggregate lead to their advantage in the second leg in Paris. Real Madrid were great at the Santiago Bernabeu and another good performance here should see them through.
Paris Saint Germain v Real Madrid Preview
The big news for PSG is that superstar Neymar will play no part in this match, as he picked up foot and ankle injuries against Marseille a couple of weeks ago. Former Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria is expected to take his place in the team. Kylian Mbappe is a doubt as he missed their last game with an ankle injury. Alphonse Areola and Marquinhos are also doubts for the French side.
For Real Madrid, Dani Carvajal is available for selection after missing the first leg through suspension. Toni Kroos and Luka Modric made a return to training earlier than scheduled on Sunday and are likely to be part of the squad here. Both could start as this is such a crucial game. Marcelo came off the bench against Getafe on Saturday and is likely to play from the start this time.
Paris Saint Germain v Real Madrid Predicted Lineups
Paris Saint Germain (4-3-3): Areloa; Alves; Marquinhos, Silva, Kurzawa; Verratti, Motta, Rabiot; Mbappe, Cavani, Di Maria
Real Madrid (4-3-3): Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema
Paris Saint Germain v Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Paris Saint Germain have won 9, drawn 0 and lost 1 games out of the last 10.
- Real Madrid have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Paris Saint Germain have scored an average of 2.9 goals and have conceded an average of 0.8 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 3 goals and have conceded an average of 1.4 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 8 of the last 10 Paris Saint Germain games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 9 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
Paris Saint Germain v Real Madrid Prediction
It is no secret that Real Madrid are not going to retain their La Liga title this season and they are out of the Copa Del Rey, so the Champions League is the last chance of any major silverware this season for Zinedine Zidane.
As expected, PSG are dominating in France and should win all of their domestic trophies. The Champions League is crucial for them and if they exit at the last 16 stage it will be deemed a major disappointment.
Real Madrid are leading 3-1 from the first leg last month, after two goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and one from Marcelo, to counter the goal from Adrien Rabiot. Grabbing an away goal or two may be crucial, as will Neymar being missing.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 10/3 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 3/10 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 2-1 14/1 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing