Real Madrid v Malaga gives Los Blancos the opportunity to apply some pressure to the teams above. The top two will drop points on Sunday, so a win in this match gives Real Madrid the chance of closing the gap.
Real Madrid v Malaga Preview
Sergio Ramos will be out for longer than expected following his nose injury in the Madrid Derby. With stand-in centre-back Nacho suspended, it falls to Jesus Vallejo to fill the void. Gareth Bale remains sidelined but Keylor Navas is back in training and may be rushed back into action here.
The visitors welcome back Recio from suspension and he’ll have the difficult job of keeping Isco under wraps. Meanwhile Diego Rolan has impressed recently and Real Madrid will need to limit his space. Los Boquerones are in fairly decent form, so Zinedine Zidane will need to safeguard against complacency here.
Real Madrid v Malaga Predicted Lineups
Real Madrid (4-3-1-2): Casilla; Marcelo, Varane, Vallejo, Carvajal; Kroos, Casemiro, Modric; Isco; Ronaldo, Benzema
Málaga (4-2-3-1): Jimenez; Perez, Baysse, Hernandez, Rosales; Recio, Gonzalez; Castro, Rolan, Keko; Penaranda
Real Madrid v Malaga Betting Tips
- Real Madrid have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 games out of the last 10.
- Malaga have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 7 of the last 10 games.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.1 goals and have received an average of 0.7 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Malaga have scored an average of 0.9 goals per game and have conceded 2.2 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 6 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
- There have been 2.5 goals in 5 of the last 10 Malaga games.
Real Madrid v Malaga Prediction
Los Blancos needed to feel the thrill of winning again and they got just that when thumping six past APOEL Nicosia in the Champions League. It’s hoped that Ronaldo and Benzema each bagging a brace will restore some confidence, as their La Liga form has been underwhelming so far.
Real Madrid have won 12 of their last 14 home matches against Malaga in all competitions. The visitors do not travel well and have been struggling to defend. This should be a routine three points for Real Madrid and a comfortable winning margin is predicted.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 1/12 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 2/11 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 3-0 13/2 at Bet365.
Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing