When Florentino Perez started his second period as Los Blancos president, he established a categorization in order to define five Real Madrid players salary groups depending on the players’ status.
Ballon d’Or winners Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka were the only players whose wage was above ten million euros a year. With the exit of the Brazilian and the pay rise for the Portuguese, CR7 gets six more million per year than Gareth Bale, who is the second best paid player at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The players that Perez considers as Ballon d’Or candidates form the second group below the Ballon d’Or winners. That includes Bale, Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema, who make between ten and eight million per season.
The third group is formed by world-class stars, such as James Rodriguez, Marcelo and Luka Modric, who have been recently joined by Pepe, as he has received a salary rise. These players make from six to four million euros per season.
Intermediate profile players such as Daniel Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Casemiro, Danilo, Keylor Navas and Isco earn around two million euros a year.
Youngsters and home-grown players are in the fifth group, in which most footballers earn 1.2 million, except Lucas Vazquez, who makes one million per season.
Table of Real Madrid players’ salaries
- Ballon d’Or winners: Cristiano Ronaldo (17 million euros)
- Ballon d’Or candidates: Gareth Bale (11 million), Sergio Ramos (10 million), Karim Benzema (8 million)
- World-class stars: James Rodriguez (6 million), Toni Kroos (6 million), Marcelo (5 million), Luka Modric (4.5 million), Pepe (4.5 million)
- Intermediate profile players:Casemiro (3 million), Alvaro Arbeloa (2.8 million), Daniel Carvajal (2.5 million), Raphael Varane (2.4 million), Mateo Kovacic (2.4 million), Danilo (2 million), Isco (2 million), Keylor Navas (2 million)
- Youngsters and home-growns:Nacho (1.2 million), Jese Rodriguez (1.2 million), Kiko Casilla (1.2 million), Denis Cheryshev (1.2 million), Lucas Vazquez (1 million)
Please, note all the wages are defined in euros. All of them are net salaries: The quantity players receive after withholdings and taxes.
* UPDATE (24/12/2015): This list of Real Madrid players salaries has been updated on December 2015, taking into account the latest contract extensions of Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Marcelo, as revealed by ElEconomista.es.