Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid will kick off at 3:15pm UK time on Sunday. Real Madrid will be looking to get one over on their city rivals with a win here, and three points will put Los Blancos just one point behind their opponents in 2nd place.
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid Preview
Zinedine Zidane has some decisions to make in terms of which players he lists from the start in this huge game. There may be some changes from the win against Juventus simply due to fatigue and rotation. Gareth Bale was excellent in the last La Liga game and is likely to start at the Santiago Bernabeu.
For the visitors, star man Antoine Griezmann was suspended last week but will be free to return for this contest. José Giménez and Juanfran are still doubts for Diego Simeone’s Atletico side, but Filipe Luís is ruled out for this one.
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid Predicted Lineups
Real Madrid (4-3-1-2): Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco; Ronaldo, Bale
Atletico Madrid (4-2-3-1): Oblak; Isaac, Savic, Godin, Hernandez; Gabi, Partey; Correa, Koke, Niguez; Gameiro
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid Betting Tips
- Real Madrid have won 9, drawn 0 and lost 1 game out of the last 10.
- Atletico Madrid have won 8, drawn 0 and lost 2 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 3.1 goals and have conceded an average of 1.1 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Atletico Madrid have scored an average of 2.5 goals and have conceded an average of 0.6 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 9 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 6 of the last 10 Atletico Madrid games.
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid Prediction
Real Madrid are undefeated in 34 of their last 38 home matches in La Liga, while Atletico are undefeated in 31 of their last 34 matches in La Liga. This should be an incredible match with a lot at stake.
If Real Madrid win, they may then be considered favourites to claim 2nd place in La Liga. Los Blancos have a pretty good record against their close rivals in the last few years, winning 3 of the last 6 matches.
There are expected to be a few goals too, as there have been over 2.5 goals scored in 11 of Real Madrid‘s last 12 games in La Liga. The meeting earlier this season was 0-0 but it is not expected to be the same this time around.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 3/4 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 4/5 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 2-1 7/1 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing