Real Madrid v Girona will kick off at 7:45pm UK time on Sunday. Real Madrid will be looking to hold on to 3rd place in La Liga with a win here, and this is a tougher game than it may look at first glance.
Real Madrid v Girona Preview
Real Madrid are likely to put out their strongest lineup possible, with three points a must to keep up the hunt for a possible 2nd placed finish. There are plenty of attacking options available, and Zinedine Zidane may decide to go for experience rather than youth on this occasion. Lucas Vazquez and Marco Asensio have been in fantastic form recently but may start from the bench.
Girona have been playing well recently and claimed a 2-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna last time out. There will be a couple of players missing for the away side, with Gorka Iraizoz and Carles Planas out injured.
Real Madrid v Girona Predicted Lineups
Real Madrid (4-3-2-1): Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Kroos, Casemiro; Isco; Ronaldo, Benzema
Girona (3-4-3): Bono; Espinosa, Juanpe, Ramalho; Maffeo, Pons, Granell, Mojica; Portu, Stuani, Garcia
Real Madrid v Girona Predicted Betting Tips
- Real Madrid have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 game out of the last 10.
- Girona have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.9 goals and have conceded an average of 1.3 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Girona have scored an average of 1.8 goals and have conceded an average of 0.8 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 9 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 3 of the last 10 Girona games.
Real Madrid v Girona Prediction
Real Madrid have only lost once in their last 10 matches, and they have looked in good form over the last few weeks. Los Blancos beat Eibar 2-1 away from home last week with two goals from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Girona are having a very good season, currently sitting 7th in the La Liga table. That is just 1 point off 6th placed Villarreal and a place in Europe for next season, so the visitors will have a lot to play for on Sunday.
Expect goals in this one, as there have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Real Madrid‘s last 10 games in La Liga. The odds suggest most of those goals will be scored by Real Madrid, though the players will know this is not a simple task.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 1/6 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 2/9 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 3-1 9/1 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing