Real Madrid v Villarreal is a huge game in the context of the La Liga season, as 4th placed Real Madrid host the Yellow Submarine, who currently sit in 6th place. They are 4 points behind Los Blancos in the table.
Real Madrid v Villarreal Preview
Real Madrid will be bringing back the big players for this contest, having rested pretty much all of them for the Copa Del Rey second leg tie against Numancia. Dani Carvajal will be back in the side after this suspension, while Isco is expected to line up just behind a front two of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale. Karim Benzema and Sergio Ramos are out injured.
For Villarreal, Manu Trigueros is back from a ban himself and is expected to come straight back into the team at central midfield. Victor Ruiz will be missing due to suspension though, with Daniele Bonera to come in. Andres Fernandez, Ruben Semedo and Bruno Soriano are injured.
Real Madrid v Villarreal Predicted Lineups
Real Madrid (4-3-1-2): Navas; Carvajal, Nacho, Varane, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Isco; Ronaldo, Bale
Villarreal (4-3-1-2): Asenjo; Gaspar, Gonzalez, Bonera, Costa; Trigueros, Rodri, Castillejo; Fornals; Unal, Bacca
Real Madrid v Villarreal Betting Tips
- Real Madrid have won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 games out of the last 10.
- Villarreal have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 games out of the last 10.
- In the last 10 games, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2 goals and have conceded an average of 1.2 goals.
- In the last 10 games, Villarreal have scored an average of 1.1 goals and have conceded an average of 1.2 goals.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 8 of the last 10 Real Madrid games.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 4 of the last 10 Villarreal games.
Real Madrid v Villarreal Prediction
Real Madrid have drawn their last two games in all competitions, and Los Blancos are still looking for their first La Liga win of 2018. This would be a great time to get it too, as it could create a gap between the top 4 and the rest of the pack.
Real’s home form is still pretty good, having won five of their last six league games at the Santiago Bernabeu and a win here is necessary if Zinedine Zidane’s side want to put any pressure on the sides above them. Villarreal’s recent form has been good, only losing one of their last five in all competitions.
Real Madrid have a pretty good record against Villarreal over the years and are expected to win again here. The form of the returning Gareth Bale could be a key factor in the match.
Free Betting Tips
Real Madrid win 1/4 at Bet365.
Over 2.5 goals 2/7 at Bet365.
Real Madrid to win 3-1 17/2 at Bet365.
- Disclaimer: Odds correct at time of publishing