Gareth Bale says he will train at 100% over the next couple of weeks to be ready for Real Madrid’s next league clash against Barcelona.
La Liga takes a two-week break for international friendlies and the Welshman has been left out of the Wales squad for the pre-Euro 2016 fixtures after Chris Coleman and Los Blancos reached an agreement last week over what is best for the forward.
Instead, the 26-year-old will remain in the Spanish capital and work on his fitness ahead of the match at the Camp Nou on April 2.
Bale netted in the 4-0 win over Sevilla on Sunday evening – his 15th goal of the campaign. The strike also saw him overtake Gary Lineker as the leading British scorer in La Liga history with his 43rd goal.
Speaking to reporters after the game, Bale said: “You have to try to improve. It’s a good result and we have to carry on like this, keeping this rhythm. It’s good news to have all the squad available and we have enjoyed having everyone available.
“We knew that it would be a difficult game today, we played very good and we have to continue like this in the rest of the games. We’re working a lot and we hope to give everything in each game. I’m not going away with the national team, I’ll stay here with other players and I’ll train to be at 100%.”